Wednesday, August 17, 2011

To Missoni or Not to Missoni?

I know what you're thinking: that title is a trick question, right? When would you ever NOT Missoni?

Well, believe it or not, I actually did have to confront this question earlier this summer, whilst trying to decide whether to purchase a pair of deeply discounted Missoni sandals from Century 21 and I said, wait for it...no. Because they weren't very comfortable. And they made me feel stupid because I couldn't figure out how to wrap the straps around my ankles. Hmph.

Now, much to my surprise, I'm confronting this question yet again. Only this time, it's with the Missoni for Target collection. Of course, not the entire thing– because you know I'm going to be on all those cheaply-made print scarves and dresses like white on rice– but with one item in particular: the bicycle. Yes, that's right, the bicycle. In case you're one of the 5 people on earth who didn't see the Missoni for Target lookbook when it was released online last week, here's a picture:

Cute, right?

You see, thing is, I actually need a bike. For school. Because I want it to ride to classes. And to cut down on my time traveling around campus. And to hopefully look like that-cute-girl-who rides-her-bike-around-in-dresses-without-flashing-people-or-looking-skanky. And things.

But, I can't decide if getting the Missoni bike will be awesome or just lame. On one hand, the print is a-ma-zing. And I love the basket. On the other hand, it's a brand-new bicycle that's made to look vintage, so it's almost like it's pretending. Like those jeans you tried to turn into cut-offs. Or those leggings you try to call pants (FYI: They are NOT pants. They will NEVER be pants. EVER). I'm always kind of, "Eh," about things like that.

I dunno. Though I loved the bike when I first saw it, I think I'm going to have to say "no" to Missoni yet again and go for a good 'ole, maybe actually vintage, used bike. Shocking!

Follow glam-a-gram
Follow glamagram on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment